Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Build your career with Alto Ingredients! Earn a competitive salary, eligibility for annual cash incentive and stock-based incentive, benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k with a company dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%, a Wellness program, a stipend for fitness center expenses, a generous paid time off (PTO) program, and service awards for career longevity. Alto Ingredients values the communities where we work and live and offers an extra 8 hours of paid leave for employees who volunteer their time and talents in their community.
Environment: Alto Ingredients, Inc. (ALTO), formerly known as Pacific Ethanol, Inc., is a leading producer of specialty alcohols and essential ingredients. The company is focused on products for four key markets: Health, Home & Beauty; Food & Beverage; Essential Ingredients; and Renewable Fuels. The company’s customers include major food and beverage companies and consumer products companies. For more information, please visit www.altoingredients.com.
Our Pekin campus produces products destined for Health, Food and Beverage, and Industrial markets. All personnel are responsible for the safety of these products, which includes participation in training, following cGMP and food safety requirements in the facility, and reviewing and following SOPs for incoming ingredients and outgoing products.
Job Purpose: This position prepares analytical models, presentations and reporting related to the Company’s risk management, financial performance and investment opportunities.
The following is a list of major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and in addition; and management may modify this job description as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Commodity Risk Management (50%)
• Perform daily analytics in the form of commodity position reports and daily margin reports by gathering information from different sources; proactively validate and enhance existing risk models; constantly improve efficiency of data collection & generation
• Conduct commodity S&D research and run statistical analysis/stress testing as needed; assist in designing hedging options and identifying hedge opportunities
• Assist in derivative accounting and related SEC disclosures; prepare commodity matrix and presentation for quarterly earnings call
Financial Analysis and Modelling (25%)
• Analyze monthly operating data from production and marketing operations, calibrate financial models accordingly
• Provide analytical supports by partnering with key stakeholders to create and validate investments models (IRR, payback etc.)
• Contribute to the creation of long-range financial models for Company’s strategic initiatives such as refinancing, M&A, or asset divesture
• Support ad hoc data requests
Financial Planning and System Management (25%)
• Assist in the administration, maintenance and further build out of the planning system (Adaptive Insights)
• Develop HTML, Office-connect, discovery reports (root cause variances, trend/drivers/benchmark) for budget management
• Identify and drive reporting and process improvements/automation by leveraging Navision, Adaptive Insights system
• Bachelor’s in business, financial engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics or related discipline, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in quantitative disciplines is desirable.
• At least two years’ experience providing financial and quantitative analysis.
• Must have high proficiency in excel spreadsheet, and/or other quantitative tools.
• A technical understanding of risk management, commodities markets and asset management is highly desired.
• Must be detail oriented, yet still able to see and understand the larger picture
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences and with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing.
• Experience with Adaptive Insights and/or Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus.
The physical requirements of this job are consistent with the typical office job. This may include long periods of sitting while using a computer or phone and standing while filing. Ability to periodically travel via air and car to Sacramento, CA, Pekin, IL, and other locations.
Apply for this job on our website: